By Joseph Busler
The Delanco Historic Preservation Advisory Board installed a display case at the Delanco Library on Saturday, April 5.
The initial display focuses on the history of the Delanco Post Office. It features general antique postal items; materials from the Oct. 5, 2007, 150th Anniversary celebration of the Delanco Post Office; an HO gauge model of the John Bull, the first train to deliver mail to Delanco; and items such as a copy of The Delanco Story; Its Past and Present.
The display is in the foyer of the Delanco Library. The library is located in the rear of the M. Joan Pearson School, 1301 Burlington Avenue.
The DHPAB plans to change the display every six months or so. It also plans a display in the Delanco Municipal Building, 770 Coopertown Road.
The cabinet for the library display was donated by Lynda Rusikoff of Shipps Way, a member of the library's Board of Directors, and refurbished. The contents are on loan from board members. The total cost to the township for the display was $13.98 for a cabinet lock.
DHPAB members Ron Naylor, Marlene Jass, Jay Cohen, Peter Fritz, Alice Smith and Joseph Busler participated in the Display & Acquisition Subcommittee project.
Three residents of Newton's Landing are members of the township history board: Joseph Busler, of Pennington Court; Marlene Jass, of McCay Way; and Alma Jordan, of Shipps Way. Sally Campolucci of Pennington Court also serves on the Dealnco Library's Board of Directors.